Comfortable and affordable residence accommodations are available from early May to mid- August each summer. Chancellors House, Governors House, Founders House and the Townhouse Residence Complex can accommodate approximately 1000 delegates, visitors and summer students.
Suite Style (Chancellors House, Founders House & Governors House)
Built in 2001, Chancellors House is a six-story, four-bedroom apartment-style residence. A new wing was added in 2003. Founders House, a five- story, four-bedroom apartment-style residence was built in 1997. Both residences are conveniently located within a three-minute drive, or a pleasant 10-minute nature walk to main campus. The North Bay City Centre and waterfront are just a 10-minute drive from both buildings.
Each residence complex offers:
- Apartment style suites; each unit consists of four single bedrooms, two bathrooms, kitchen, and common room
- Each bedroom is furnished with a single bed, linens, desk, desk chair, telephone, closet, and chest of drawers
- Each unit shares a full size kitchen with gas stove and full-size fridge. (Sorry, we do not supply utensils, dishes, or cooking equipment)
- Each unit has two full bathrooms (one with shower and one with tub/shower)
- Each unit has a common room, furnished with love seat, coffee table, and two lounge chairs
- Common television lounges on most floors
- Parking adjacent to the building
- Each unit is air-conditioned
- All buildings have common television lounges, vending machines, and coin-operated laundry facilities and assembly room
- Guest services is located on the main floor at Chancellors House
Guest Services & Important Information
- Common television lounges equipped with colour television and cable
- Games Room
- Vending machines
- On-site coin-operated laundry facilities available
- Parking is free and is adjacent to the building; public transit close by
- Cable outlet in common area of suite (free) and each bedroom (available at an additional cost)
- Telephone service (including voicemail) available at an additional charge
- All residence & meeting facilities are non-smoking and pet-free
- Check in time is after 3:00 PM – Check out time is 10:00 am
- 24-hour locked, security entrance
Please call, email or submit an inquiry for rate information.
Daily and Weekly rates include linen and local phone service. Monthly rates do not include linen, and voice mail service is optional. All guests are responsible for the cleanliness of the unit they occupy. All payments are due upon arrival.
“The university provides parking, accessible, comfortable conference room facilities and the latest high tech equipment. “